Tuesday 10 June 2008

That time of year...

Once again that time of year has rolled around fellow bloggers.
It's that time of year when yours truly packs up the barest minimum of my possessions and I set my trusty compass to a Southerly bearing and head off across the sea to a far, far distant land !!!
I'll be battling the elements !!!
Wrestling with the natives !!!
Searching for every meal....

No, it's not a trip to the jungles of Borneo......
It's the Isle of Wight Festival this weekend !!!

Me and several thousand others will be sampling the delights of The Kaiser Chiefs, The Police, The Wombats, The Hoosiers, N.E.R.D., Iggy Pop, KT Tunstall and Scouting For Girls to name but a few of the mighty fine acts lined up for the weekend.
I must say the head-liners are a bit on the weak side this year though. =:o!
After top notch bands like Snow Patrol, Coldplay, Prodigy, Foo Fighters and the Rolling Stones the past couple of years, we're down to the dregs with the Sex Pistols and the Police. Blimey. These are bands which in my opinion are reforming solely for the money. Nothing else. Are all the big boys in the studio or something ??? Where are the likes of Kasabian this year when you need them ???

This year I won't be queuing for showers or hiking a mile to use the sports centre facilities or queuing to use three day old sun-baked port-a-loo's as I managed to book a room in the then un-built Travelodge 15 minutes walk away in town. I took a gamble on the date and booked it almost 12 months in advance. Luckily it paid off. So this year I can forgo the lumpy field and sweaty cramped tent for clean sheets, a soft mattress and my very own toilet and shower !!!

I'll report back with some pic's next week some time.

BP





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now that's what "grown-up camping" is all about. Have a great time, BP :-)