Friday 15 February 2008

Good Friday !!!

WOW, what a sight to be greeted with on arriving at work !!!
THREE dozen Krispy Kreme doughnuts !!
Now THIS is THE best way to start a Friday !!!
A huge thank-you to Eric, one of our fellow engineers, who thought we all could do with cheering up...



Having been a huge fan of Dunkin' Donuts for years and years and years, their Boston Creme is in my opinion totally sublime, I was dragged kicking and screaming against my will into a Krispy Kreme shop three years ago whilst on holiday in the USA. And I have to admit that Krisp Kreme's ARE better than Dunkin' Donuts. My favourite being the humble glazed ring, which is just about perfect texture wise AND flavour wise too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny, we're having a breakfast potluck today, too! No one brought donuts, however. We had chicken wings, chicken adobo, chicken & shrimp chow mein, cinnamon creme coffee cake, chocolate chip cookies, mongolian beef, and Mexican rice... so far. It's an international crowd (particularly Asian and Hispanic) and most prefer savory to sweet for breakfast :-)

Anonymous said...

Yumm!!! Wish I'd had generous colleagues like that when times were difficult at work. T'was more like ... well ... dog eat dog. SO glad I'm out of that environment :).

Anonymous said...

You can have mine! I actually find them just a bit to sweet. Cheers!

On The Road Again... said...

nikki - WOW !!! It's a feast !! That's some breakfast there... We have a very International crowd here too, mainly from Europe though, Dutch, German, French etc...
carola - I think we're very lucky here, especially my department where every one is very friendly.
flighty - The cream and custard filled ones are VERY sweet I must admit, I prefer the plain glazed ring every time.