Tuesday 5 February 2008

Giving it up for lent !!!

Seeing as it's Shrove Tuesday today, and maybe for the first time ever, I'm actually going to be giving something up for Lent.
Today I'm giving up being slothful.

DEFINITION: Sloth is defined as spiritual and/or actual apathy or laziness, putting off what God asks you to do, or not doing it or anything at all.

And to spur me on to achieve this I've registered for the BUPA Great South Run with my brother. So I've now got a target to reach and I'm hoping that the fresh air and exercise will also help to distract me through the current redundancy talks here.

Now, where did I put those running shoes.... ????

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! It'll give something to blog about as well!

Anonymous said...

Good Lord that is VERY good indeed! well done BP! :o)

Anonymous said...

Hey, that's a good idea. I need desperately to get exercising and giving up sloth fits right in.

Anonymous said...

*Yawns* Sorry! I wish you well but I love my slothy ways!

On The Road Again... said...

daffy: So your not tempted to enter the Great Northern then ???

Anonymous said...

Good grief not at all!
Small children and animals would be at risk of injury!! :o)
.
I'd watch it though. :o)

Do you mean the Great North Run? My man has done it twice...

On The Road Again... said...

Yes, I meant the Great North Run, your right. Your man has done it twice eh? Hmmm, I'm impressed....
They've started to show a bit of the Great South on TV, so you'll have to keep an eye out for a wheezy old relic hobbling along the sea-front. If it's not my brother, it'll be me !!!