Wednesday 23 January 2008

Wasted phone call...

I've just had the strangest telephone conversation with a young lady from a local job agency.
Before I joined my current company, Philips/NXP, I pumped my CV/Resume out to just about anyone that would take it, you may find you have a copy on your PC somewhere... LOL!!
One of the local agencies contacted me last Friday saying they were updating their records and was I still 'looking' for a new position.
I replied via email as requested saying that I was indeed still looking for that elusive 'ace' job and attached my updated CV/Resume for their records.

This morning I had battled through hell and high water getting to work, accidents and queues everywhere and had JUST sat down with the first coffee of the day at 9:30, when my mobile rang. The number wasn't one I recognised, but it started with 02392, so I knew it was local so picked it up.
A very, almost overly, polite girl introduced herself, saying that she had just received my new CV and would I mind answering a few questions.
She then proceeded to ask me a series of questions, that if she had only looked at my CV in the first place, she would have been able to answer herself !!!

"Where are you working?" - errr, it's on the front page of my CV !!!

"Are you in employment?" - wasn't this not answered by the first question?

"What industry would you prefer to work in?" - err... look in my CV... 20 years of semiconductor testing !!!

"What kind of job are you looking for?" - hmmmm, with my skill set, maybe a barrister in Starbucks !!!

What a total waste of time !!!

It has put me off using them totally as to me this just isn't very professional.

Hey ho....... it takes all sorts I guess !!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

May be she only started on Monday and you were her first call!

On The Road Again... said...

It certainly seemed that way Flighty. Every question or answer was terminated by a "ok..." too, which was very irritating.

Anonymous said...

Maybe she was phishing.... I'm wary of people asking questions that should be answered by something they should have in their hands!